Friday, October 10, 2008

John Lennon and Yoko Ono


John: October 9, 1940, 6:30 PM, Liverpool, England; Yoko: February 18, 1933, 8:30 PM, Tokyo, Japan

John

"My role in society, or any artist's or poet's role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not to tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all."

"The basic thing nobody asks is why do people take drugs of any sort? Why do we have these accessories to normal living to live? I mean, is there something wrong with society that's making us so pressurized, that we cannot live without guarding ourselves against it?"

"When you're drowning, you don't say 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,' you just scream."

Sun in Libra, house 6
Moon in Aquarius, house 11
Mercury in Scorpio, house 7
Venus in Virgo, house 6
Mars in Libra, house 6
Jupiter in Taurus, house 1
Saturn in Taurus, house 1
Uranus in Taurus, house 1
Neptune in Virgo, house 6
Pluto in Leo, house 5

Aries Ascendant
Capricorn Midheaven
North Node in Libra, house 6
Chiron in Leo, house 5

*

Yoko

"All my concerts had no sounds in them; they were completely silent. People had to make up their own music in their minds!"

"I wonder why men get serious at all. They have this delicate, long thing hanging outside their bodies which goes up and down by its own will. If I were a man I would always be laughing at myself."

"I believe in people so much that if the whole of civilization is burned so we don't have any memory of it, even then people will start to build their own art. It is a necessity -- a function. We don't need history."

Sun in Aquarius, house 5
Moon in Sagittarius, house 3
Mercury in Pisces, house 5
Venus in Aquarius, house 5
Mars in Virgo, house 12
Jupiter in Virgo, house 12
Saturn in Aquarius, house 5
Uranus in Aries, house 7
Neptune in Virgo, house 12
Pluto in Cancer, house 10

Libra Ascendant
Cancer Midheaven
North Node in Pisces, house 5
Chiron in Taurus, house 8

1 comment:

Cait! said...

Wow, I'd never seen Yoko's chart before. 5th and 3rd- I NEVER would have guessed that. Amazing! Also: Uranus in Aries! Yikes!